Apple Mail "Found in Inbox". What does this mean?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Mildredop, May 7, 2018.

1. Mildredop macrumors 68020

Some emails in Apple Mail have "Found in Inbox" in a box above the message. This suggests that my Mac has found it and thinks it is of interest to me.

What does this mean?

Attached Files:

2. techwarrior macrumors 65816

techwarrior

The Calendar and Contacts apps will find contacts and events in your emails and automatically add them to your calendar or contacts. The settings for there in the preferences for these two apps.

3. Mildredop thread starter macrumors 68020

I don't understand your reply. The banner is in Apple Mail and doesn't appear to reference any particular contact nor link to Calendar or Contacts.

4. techwarrior macrumors 65816

techwarrior

Ah, ok. I didn't catch it was while looking at an email.

I see Found in... when I view an email with a few threads back and forth. Mail's Viewing properties allow you to view conversations, so if you click on any email with the same subject between you and the other person, all of the back and forth emails will appear when you click on one. The other emails in the thread will indicate where they are (Inbox, Sent).

So, if you replied to an email that is still in your Inbox, and click on the Sent item, the inbox thread of the conversation will indicate that it is in the Inbox of whatever account.