Apple Mail - highlight email addresses

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by markgodley, Mar 29, 2009.

1. markgodley macrumors regular

Hey,

I run a site and accept paypal as a payment. Sometimes i have bad customers and try and open disputes "unauthorised use" after they receive the item. Obviously i dont want to deal with these people again and paypal dont allow you to block them in future.

But wondered if there was any tools in apple mail that highlights a customers email address so i know they are old customers who caused me trouble. Obviously i wont be able to remember all their email address. But it would be nice if there was a way to filter or highlight the email address so i know to refund them and not deal with them

thanks

2. Thomas Harte macrumors 6502

Yep — go to the application preferences, 'Rules' and you can set rules that cause emails from certain senders or groups of senders to appear with a certain coloured background or a certain colour of text. Apple include one such rule, to cause any emails from Apple to appear with a blue background, so you can use that as a guide to figure out what's going on.

3. markgodley thread starter macrumors regular

Perfect! exactly what i was after, i was looking in there but didnt catch my eye.

You my friend have saved me alot of trouble :)

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You could also flag messages from those bad customers by right clicking -> "Mark" -> "As flagged."