Apple Mail import problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bradbowl, Aug 11, 2007.

1. bradbowl macrumors member

I set up the Apple Mail program to sync to my Gmail account and I have a problem. I have two folders in Gmail that both only copied ~60% of the emails in them. I didn't have a problem when I synced my university's email client in which I had multiple folders full of emails.

Do you guys know if there is a aet date where emails are too old to sync? Or do you have any tips to get the rest of my emails synced.

thanks!

2. polycat33 macrumors 6502

That SEEMED to happen to me, but really it was just taking forever to move them all. They eventually all came over. The program even looked like it thought it was done, and then it would start up again. I'd give it a couple days. I know it seems like a lot and I'm not sure why it does it like that, acting like it's done and all, but I ended up with everything in my Mail.app that I had in gmail.

3. bradbowl thread starter macrumors member

I fixed the problem. I went back into my gmail settings - under forwarding and POP access and unchecked then rechecked the box to allow for POP access. Then apple mail imported all of my emails again. Unfortunately this meant I had doubles of a hundred messages or so but atleast the missing ones showed up.

thanks for the help!