Apple Mail in native Android Mail app?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by warriorz, Jun 8, 2014.

1. warriorz, Jun 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2014

warriorz macrumors regular

Hi all,

I'm having difficulty adding my iCloud email accounts to my new Nexus 5. I'm a brand new Android user after using the iPhone and iOS since day one, never touching Andriod, so I really haven't a clue what's wrong. The Andriod mail app happily adds Gmail obviously but as soon as I try my icloud.com address it just fails to authenticate. The N5 is running Kit Kat.

Any ideas please?

Just some background to trying Android.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=19195695#post19195695

2. Switchback666 macrumors 68000

Switchback666

Worked just fine and automatic for me on the Note 3 and i dont think Samsung includes a different email client.

Try using @me instead of @icloud or give Mailbox app a try.

3. ozaz macrumors 65816

4. warriorz thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks very much I'll try this!

Though looking and using more thoroughly the the native Android mail app (with my gmail account) it doesn't look all that great! But thanks I'll try those settings later, I was doing it automatically earlier.

----------

Yup I downloaded the Mailbox app but that won't play nice with my folders I've set up under my iCloud account. Their whole ethos is obviously to get rid if mail, not store it in categorised folders which is exactly what I need to do.

5. ozaz macrumors 65816

The basic email app is sufficient for my non-gmail needs (I use the gmail app for gmail). But cloudmagic might be worth checking out if you need more. It seems to be pretty well regarded.

6. Switchback666 macrumors 68000

Switchback666

Blue mail is really good too and support folders.

7. warriorz thread starter macrumors regular

Ok thanks I'll have a look, still learning...

----------

Great, will search and download all these suggestions, experiment and find the one that works for me. The folders support is quite important, I've got years of folders with info I still refer to