Apple Mail + iPhone Sync Question

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by shibbyville, Mar 27, 2011.

1. shibbyville macrumors newbie

Hi!

I am wondering how the iPhone and Apple Mail synchronization works? It feels like a "fake" sync because what I do on the phone does not update the mail and vice versa, the same with folders that I have in Apple Mail which does not get transferred to the phone.

Are there any settings I have missed or is this how it is? Feels kinda silly the wait it is being "synced" now and it does not actually do anything.:confused:

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

In iTunes, with your phone connected and selected in the left hand column and "Info" selected at the top, see what is written at the bottom of your "Sync Mail Accounts" section.

If your folder contents don't match between your iPhone and your computer, then it is because of your email account setup with your provider.

3. shibbyville thread starter macrumors newbie

I am thinking of the folders I have created in Apple Mail, they do not get transferred to the phone. Is that impossible?

4. GabooN macrumors regular

I have my phone and my mail app on my mac synced to my gmail account, and it syncs the folders accross to my phone. My gmail is synced to my iPhone using Google sync (exchange).

5. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Right. Content is not transferred.