Apple Mail is lying to me =(. Make it stop.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jackmack, Aug 17, 2007.

1. jackmack macrumors regular

So this just started happening about an hour ago. I noticed something wasn't right after I registered 2 domains and didn't get my usual confirmation emails.

Basically... there are no errors. Everything is saying its connecting fine to my various pop email accounts... but it doesn't grab my mail. I know there is mail though... I checked. I even sent myself an e-mail to all of my mail accounts... but still, when I refresh, it comes back with nothing.

I've restarted the Mail app, and it still won't grab my e-mails. I even rebooted... still says I don't have any new mail.

I almost wish it gave me an error just so I could google it... but it is acting like everything is OK, it just won't give me my new e-mails.

Any idea why this is happening and how I can fix it?

Tech specs: Macbook Pro, 17", 2.16ghz, OS X 10.4.10

2. Angrist macrumors 6502

That happens to me from time to time with both my Gmail POP and school IMAP.

Usually switching machines doesn't fix the problem, so I'd wager that it's a serverside glitch that'll just need a little time.

Otherwise ... what are some more of the details of your situation? Email provider and protocol would help.

3. jackmack thread starter macrumors regular

As much as i hate coincidences... it seems like both Gmail and my server were having bandwidth-farts. Gmail cleared up first, and then my host fixed something and now my mail is flowing again.

=D

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

5. ahokk macrumors newbie

Mail.app recognized mail on POP server, but won't download from server

I am having, I believe, the same issue.
    If I click on the specific mailbox having issues and get info (COMMAND-I), it correctly shows all current mail on the POP server to which it is connected. However, no mail shows up in my inbox b/c it is never actually downloaded to my Mac.
    I have tried multiple different configurations, and cannot seem to resolve this issue. Any suggestions?