Apple Mail Malfunction

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Delighted, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Delighted macrumors 6502

Delighted

I am running SL. So I have several Gmails on my Apple Mail. Work, Personal, and Junk Mail. For some reason this mornign as I was sending out emails to work, they seem to all be sending from my Junk Mail account. Why is this happening? Is there a fix?

2. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

First of all, junk mail usually isn't an account. It's usually a box where spam goes for each of your email accounts. By junk mail, do you mean you have a special account set up for marketing email and that account is showing up as the return address of email you are sending out?

In Apple Mail, there is a preference for a "default" account. If you start composing a new email and don't change the from address, it comes from that default account. Another possibility is this can be set to "create new email from account of selected inbox." This is probably what happened in your case. You went to the junk account to look at stuff and decided to send outgoing mail and it all said it came from your junk account. Either change to your work email inbox when you want to use it or set the default so it always comes from your work email. This can be very dangerous and can result in your work email falling into the hands of people you don't want to have it so I suggest you use the "account of selected mailbox" option and take the time to change to your work inbox when you are doing work.