Apple mail message color?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Zillion, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Zillion macrumors regular

Zillion

Hi, I just switched to Leopard from Windows :D

Small question on Apple Mail 3.2, if I change color in Preferences, Fonts & Colors, Message font, the color in the composing message remains black. How can I change the color?

thanks

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Format -> Show Colours. Either do it at the beginning or just select the text that you want to change.

3. Zillion thread starter macrumors regular

Zillion

Thanks. So that means you can't automatically compose in an other color than black, without manually doing " Format -> Show Colours ".. hmm but the rest of Apple Mail I seem to like. I used Thunderbird for years.

4. dannyg9 macrumors newbie

Color code messages

Hi all, to add to this thread, is there a way to color code messages (highlight) I would really like color code my inbox! Any help would be great. i really don't want to move to thunderbird if I don't have to (though color coding or labeling is far easier! thanks, Dan

5. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

the color label of mail.app, AFAIK, is done by setting up filters. I dont think its very useful that way.

See if anybody else has better solutions.

6. jplan2008 macrumors regular

1) You can set rules to automatically highlight certain messages a particular color (by sender, etc) -- Mail - preferences -rules

2) To highlight messages individually, select the message(s), then format - show colors (shortcut is command-shift-c), then select from the color wheel. (if you're not familiar with the color wheel, you can put a bunch colors down below in the small squares, so it's faster and more consistent)

(To change font of messages in inbox, it's format-show font, or command-t)

7. dannyg9 macrumors newbie

mac mail

Thanks for the help At last I can get just a little more organized!