Apple Mail or Entourage?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tommyboy9996, Sep 9, 2009.

1. tommyboy9996 macrumors member

tommyboy9996

Hi I was curious what people prefer for email, apple mail or entourage? This is just for personal use. Just curios because I had to reinstall my OS and I had used apple mail before. Thanks

2. macnfab macrumors regular

macnfab

I have both ms office 04' and 08' and I have tried them several times but still much prefer apple mail. :apple:

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I use Entourage for my exchange clients, otherwise Mail. So that's means both.

4. tommyboy9996 thread starter macrumors member

tommyboy9996

5. ethical macrumors 68000

I tried '04 at one point (never tried '08), and switched back to Apple Mail after a couple of days. I just prefer the simplicity and look of Mail. Mail seems so much cleaner and less cluttered than Entourage (and Thunderbird for that matter).... but if you have more than one email account then try both out at the same time, so you can compare them together.

6. robo456 macrumors 6502

robo456

With Snow Leopard, didn't they add exchange support?

--rob

7. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Mail has had Exchange support for years. With MacOS X 10.6, Apple dramatically improved Exchange support.

8. CalMin macrumors 6502a

CalMin

9. occamsrazor macrumors 6502

occamsrazor

...but still woefully inadequate. Do correct me if I'm wrong, but there's still no support for public folders, or editing of server-side mail filtering rules, two pretty critical features as far as I'm concerned.

10. jive turkey macrumors 6502

It probably depends on what you are looking for. I tried using Entourage because I like the idea of having tasks, calendar, email, and contacts all integrated, but I quickly ditched it because you can't subscribe to remote calendars. That makes it useless to me.

Email vs email, I can't say because I didn't use Entourage enough, but I can sing the praises of Apple mail. Works well, super fast search of 20,000+ messages using Spotlight, data detectors that work with iCal and Address Book, etc. It has an annoying bug that has lasted for years where it likes to create a bunch of nested inboxes if you store deleted mail on the server, but most people don't need to do that, anyway.

11. tommyboy9996 thread starter macrumors member

tommyboy9996