Apple Mail Organization? Pics?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Fazzl, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Fazzl macrumors 6502a

Fazzl

Im trying to organize my mail app. It is a mess right now. All these gmail imap folders etc. I have two accounts, one gmail imap and one university imap. Any suggestions? Also, could you guys post pics of your mail app?

2. Fazzl thread starter macrumors 6502a

Fazzl

When i get an email in my gmail inbox, i get a copy in the ALL mail folder too as unread even i deleted it from the inbox.

3. nineteentwelve macrumors regular

Deleting it from the Inbox when using a Gmail account in Mail.app only archives the message. It does not delete it. The All Mail folder is all your archived mail. To delete it entirely, delete it from the All Mail folder too.

Hope this helps.

4. Fazzl thread starter macrumors 6502a

Fazzl

i tried everything and im getting so fed up. I spent hours deleting emails from my all mail box in mail app only to find them back in the folder when i restarted the app.

any help?

5. jeffe macrumors 6502a

In mine, I have added the [Gmail] imap prefix. Deleted items now end up in the trash and are not archived. For me to archive something, I have to drag and drop to the all mail folder.

Its not perfect, i still notice some odd quirks and haven't had the chance to look into it, but it is much better...for me.

[​IMG]