Apple Mail (receiver open/read notifications)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by achtung!, Nov 18, 2007.

1. achtung! macrumors regular

hey all!
    when sending an email, i want to be able to receive a notification of when the receiver has open/read my email. (just like you do with microsoft outlook). is there any way that i could do this with any plugin or something? or some other workaround?
    this is a simple task vital for work, and i'm no shure if apple mail has this ability.

thks in advance, and sorry if this has already been posted,
    peace.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You are talking about "return receipts." They work within a single domain, but rarely outside a single domain. My own experience with them is that they are annoying as h*ll. To add to the annoyance, they are not particularly effective in doing the job intended. You want your messages read. Return receipts say only that they were received, and then only by recipients who don't know how to disable return receipts.

If you have a critical message, then telephone your recipients to ensure that they received your message. If you can't telephone them, them let it go.

3. achtung! thread starter macrumors regular

those "return receipts" i think they also say that the message was "open", so i presume it was read. but for me this is enough. and with a phone-call i don't have a "physical" proof of that. i can't print a phone-call and add it to the client process. so the phone-call is the last resort.

this "annoyance" has done wonders for me, so i don't really care about your experience. i just asked if there's any way that i could add this function to apple mail. the rest is up to me. ;)

so if anyone know a way of adding this, let me know!
    thks

4. freddymac18 macrumors newbie

Apple Mail (receiver open/read notifications)

I agree; what a stupid non-answer. This guy is the type of person who should not be on boards. I need to know how get a read receipt as well. If there is anyone out there that wants to help, thank you, if you just want to be an obnoxious jack ass; keep it to yourself.