Apple Mail Resetting?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by infinitethrill, Nov 13, 2007.

1. infinitethrill macrumors regular

infinitethrill

I opened my laptop this morning, clicked on Safari and iChat (and Mail, it was already open), and mail opened, downloaded 11 emails, and iChat and Safari just bounced on the dock. I read the emails, and tried to force quit iChat and Safari (not responding). They still didn't quit, and I tried to restart from the special menu. It said do you want to forse quit the applications maiking it hang, I said no, and after trying to get those to quit I held down the power button. I restarted, and iChat and Safari worked, but Mail just said welcome to mail. I entered my password, and it started downloading my Gmail in a brand new POP account.

I have a MacBook running 10.5 with a Gmail account (orrigionally configured with iMap)

There is still files in the homefolder -> Library -> Mail that look like the old mailboxes, but how do I get it back?

Thanks in advance!

2. infinitethrill thread starter macrumors regular

infinitethrill

I re entered all of my info under a new account, it seems to be working though.

I had to set up all the preferences in mail too.