Apple Mail RSS not showing whole article?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by philmo, Nov 2, 2007.

1. philmo macrumors member

I subscribe to a handful RSS feeds that I had been reading in Thunderbird, but when I upgraded to Leopard I switched to Apple Mail. In Thunderbird these feeds show the entire article when a new one is posted, but in Apple Mail it shows the beginning and then reads "Please click on the title to continue reading this entry."

Not all my feeds show this, but all the ones from the Washington Post (e.g. http://blog.washingtonpost.com/soccerinsider/atom.xml) do. Does anyone know of a way I can get Mail to display the whole page, like Thunderbird did?

Thanks.

2. safetyobc macrumors 6502

safetyobc

I am not certain, but I think that this setting is set by the provider. So if the site you are getting the feed from doesn't have the full feed sent, then you only get the partial feed.

But I could be wrong.

I too would like to be able to get the entire story on each. I am not always connected to the net so it would be nice to have my RSS feeds downloaded so I can read them when I am away from WiFi.

3. philmo thread starter macrumors member

This seems to be true, Thunderbird must automatically load the "continue reading" URL. I wonder how hard it would be to write a Mail plug-in to do this.

Thanks.