Apple Mail: Sending 5 of 5??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by $MacUser$, May 14, 2014.

1. $MacUser$ macrumors 6502

Hey guys,

My mail program has been acting a bit strange these past few years. Never paid much mind to it but figured I'd ask...

So for example tonight I composed an email and clicked send. Haven't sent an email yet today, nor is there anything else in my outbox, but it says "sending 3 of 3" when it goes out. About twenty minutes later I sent another email, this one says "sending 5 of 5" even though I didn't compose or send anything in the interim.

Incoming messages are the same. Just got one in and it said "168 of 168".

Is this normal behavior and I'm just misunderstanding these numbers, or is something up?

2. bit25 macrumors newbie

regarding mail application behaviour

i would request you to create another email account in mail application and check the settings. If issue persist then please check in new user account.

3. liya1201 macrumors member

I am not clear if this is normal or not but my Mail behaved exactly like you have described... Regardless, it does not seem to cause any problem.

4. saberahul macrumors 68040

Happens to me all the time. For incoming, it shows the overall number. This includes junk, trash, inbox, etc. It's a sync process with the server. For sending, similar process applies.