Apple Mail Sierra bug. Please confirm.

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by orbitalpunk, Oct 14, 2016.

1. orbitalpunk macrumors 6502

orbitalpunk

I found and issue that causes Apple Mail in Sierra to hang when there are typos. Can someone else confirm this as being a Sierra bug? I have experience on two Macs, one being a clean install with nothing on it.

Paste the follow gibberish text below in a new email and then continue typing gibberish and see if after adding 2-3 more sentences it starts to stutter and freeze.

To solve it for now, you need to go into Preferences>Keyboard>Text and for spelling change it from Automatic to U.S. English. I guess when its set to automatic the system is having trouble decerning what language it is when there are typos. I was actually able to replicate the issue after adding 2 typos in a email. If there are no typos, its fine.

2. dianeoforegon macrumors 6502a

dianeoforegon

I didn't crash with Automatic by Language select BUT i have "correct spelling automatically" turned off. I like just having the red squiggly lines

3. HallStevenson macrumors 6502a

HallStevenson

Not exactly a "bug" that anyone is going to encounter in the real world....

4. Smacky macrumors 6502

5. Honza1 macrumors regular

Works on my Apple Mail in Sierra.
    I have lots of other issues (Smart folders no updating when "In Folder" conditions is used is the main one), but this does not even slow down my Mail.app