Apple Mail strangeness dealing with Exchange calendar events

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Snowy_River, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Snowy_River macrumors 68030

Snowy_River

Hi,
    I've noticed an interesting thing using my PB with Exchange. When a calendar event comes through, it shows up as a regular email message informing me of when the event is, unless there is another attachment. If there is another attachment, then the Exchange calendar event comes through as an ICS file which shoots right over to iCal, adding the event and giving me the opportunity to respond (tentative, accept, reject).
    I'm wondering why it doesn't always come through as an ICS file, and if anyone might have an idea of how to help Mail recognize it as such even when there isn't another attachment.

Thanks!

2. Snowy_River thread starter macrumors 68030

Snowy_River

3. Snowy_River thread starter macrumors 68030

Snowy_River

And then, to answer my own question...

I just discovered that I can get Mail to recognize the Exchange event but simply changing the "View Alternative". It defaults to showing the text, but simply asking for the "View/Next Alternative" shows the meeting.ics link that I can click to send it to iCal.

It would be nice if this process was a little more integrated, but, hey, it works!