APPLE MAIL - Super Super Slow?????

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by H4L, Dec 18, 2008.

1. H4L macrumors member

H4L

Hi there,

I'm starting to use the Mail at work these couple of days, things are working really really well, except...

It takes REALLY REALLY REALLY Long time to send an email? With or Without attachment?

I tried to use Gmail to send the same thing, it works fine (Internet)
    I tried to upload files to FTP to test my upload speed, it works fine
    I tried to download files, browse all kind of sites, they work out great

What I want to say is my Internet has no problem at all, but how come it takes me like 3-4 minutes to send a 500k email????

I'm not using .me, it's a company email xxx@xxxcompany.com, setting up as IMAP.

I hope someone can help me with this.

Thanks in advance.

2. H4L thread starter macrumors member

H4L

thanks for the quick response.

when the time I click on "SEND"....it's like taking forever, like before...:(

3. northerngit macrumors member

Given the information and tests you've conducted, I'd say the problem lies outside of your ISP. First thing to do is check with the administrators of the company email servers and lodge a ticket. I suspect the issue lies with them.

4. H4L thread starter macrumors member

H4L

Hi there thanks for replying. I tried today using gmail to send out an email (using company a/c) and it works without problem!

that's really weird :confused:

i'll contact the hosting company and see what they say at the mean time hopefully someone else can help me with it

thanks.

5. deminister macrumors newbie

I do not believe it for ONE minute. Apple mail is a disaster since Snow Leopard came out. I have to wait sometimes even minutes to get rid of the beach ball. Sometimes I have to restart mail two or three times before I can start working at all. I am using mail for as long as it is available, but I will be leaving it soon. I would have done this months ago if I had a solution for the handy DMI plug-in from Daylite.
    I am using mail on lots of different machines with numerous providers and they all have the same problem. On the new Imac top of the line quad core it is truly a disaster. I have tried everything from removing RSS feeds, to rebuilding the mail envelope, no difference whatsoever. And Apple? Well they do not give a S*** as usual.

6. Nokomis macrumors newbie

COULDN'T AGREE WITH YOU MORE!:mad:

7. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Sounds like something wrong with your computer. Ive never had problems with Mail since snow leopard.

8. polinux macrumors newbie

polinux

Here it is.

1. Quit Mail.

2. Open Terminal.

3. Type the following:

Code:
    cd ~/Library/Mail
    sqlite3 Envelope\ Index
    An sqlite> prompt will appear.

At that prompt, type
    Code:
    vacuum subjects;
    After a short delay, the prompt will return. Type Control-D to exit.

4. Restart Mail and enjoy the extra speed.

9. Oldmanmac macrumors 6502

10. windowstomac macrumors regular

Yet it has worked just fine for me on SL, Lion and ML with multiple large mail accounts...