Apple Mail Won't Send

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DMardy34, Sep 28, 2009.

1. DMardy34 macrumors newbie

Sep 28, 2009
    Every now and then, although more and more frequently, when I try to send an email from Apple Mail the "Sending" icon on the left just spins and spins. I have to quit Apple Mail and restart and resend again. It usually works but sometimes I have to close again and repeat.

Crazy weird.

It isn't SMTP settings because sometimes it works and other times it doesn't without changing anything.

Any thoughts??

MacBook Pro (Uni)
    GoDaddy Mail Hosting
  2. slickfish macrumors newbie

Jan 7, 2010
    GoDaddy changed settings

See if this link helps you. I think godaddy is changing their settings yet again. I've been struggling FOREVER and finally it is working!

Good Luck
  3. nfable macrumors regular

Apr 9, 2007
    I had 2 GoDaddy accts in my AMail that worked just fine for months and months, then just the other day, they all receive fine, but cannot send anything in under a few hours, if at all...

Wrastled with this myself for about four hours... in the end it was my ISP protecting me from myself by blocking useful ports that I guess share the smtp server from GoDaddy...

Solution; find out your ISP's smtp out and put that in the server acct information; I have 'use default ports' checked and SSL unchecked & no authentication. My ISP is cable one, I put in their, and voila.

hope it helps.