Apple mail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wheelman, Nov 17, 2013.

1. wheelman macrumors newbie

I have set up 5 email addresses in Apple Mail, all is ok apart from one. I am not being allowed to delete messages from the inbox. Every time i try to do this a box drops down with this message.

The destination mailbox "Trash-mark@teamhybrid.co.uk" does not allow messages to be moved to it.

Also i have the same duplicated emails in the trash folder and i cannot move any of these into the inbox and get this drop own message.

The destination mailbox "Inbox-mark@teamhybrid.co.uk" does not allow messages to be moved to it.

I have a second MBP set up this address with the no problems.

Can somebody help out wit this problem please.

2. shootist macrumors regular

Do yourself a really big favor and DUMP Apple Mac Mail.app. Use anything else. Outlook, Thunderbird and a few others are available.

Apple Mac Mail.app is one of the worst email programs every written, Buggy beyond belief and very limited feature like all other Apple Mac programs.

3. scbond macrumors 6502

Mail works perfectly fine for what I want it to do...receive and send email.

4. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Same here.

I imagine for those who need more advanced features (e.g. read receipt) a different mail app might be needed.

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

I also have no issue with Mail after having used it for 12 years. I have 7 email accounts setup on my primary computer. I regularly moved messages from my IMAP Yahoo! account's Bulk Mail folder to its Inbox folder. Your issue probably lies not with Mail but with your account. It might be helpful to give more information about the nature of your problematic account. To be specific, is it IMAP, POP3, Exchange, or what?