Apple Mail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by halisray, Nov 29, 2009.

1. halisray macrumors regular

Hey guys,

I have a Gmail account with all my contacts in it. I have no problem getting my inbox into Apple Mail, but how do I import all my contacts from gmail into Mail? Like when I start typing a persons name their address comes up on gmail, how do I do that on Mail? Because I can't remember 200 email addresses lol and it is very annoying to go into gmail and find the address - makes Mail useless.

Any help?

2. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

All you have to do is export your contacts and then add them to Address Book.

Source: http://www.maciverse.com/import-gmail-contacts-to-address-book.html

"After logging into a Gmail account navigate to your contact list. From there you can export all your contacts or create a contact group that includes the addresses you want included into your Address Book on your Mac. After creating a group simply click export and then select the group from the export drop down menu. Be sure to pick vCard format as the export format and save the download to your desktop.

Open Address Book and select File >> Import >> vCards. Select the downloaded .vcf file and confirm the import and your Gmail/Google contacts will now be included in your Address Book and accessible from all your other Mac Applications. You can repeat the process if you update your Gmail contacts often. Address Book will only import the new contacts and/or update edited information."

You'll have to update your Address Book manually every time you update Gmail but that's the only shortcoming :p

3. halisray thread starter macrumors regular