Apple Makes $3B By Selling iPhones With Barebones Storage: Report

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by lowendlinux, Dec 23, 2014.

1. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/22/16gb-iphone-6_n_6367188.html?utm_hp_ref=technology

I have to ask.

What are you people doing with your phone that 16GB isn't enough? I have a 16GB Android and don't need more space. My prior 32GB iPhone was never even close to filled and that's the reason I just go a 16GB phone this time.

2. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

I use 9gb on my windows phone, but I know my girlfriend almost filled up her 64gb 4s with photos and apps she never deletes. So to answer your question, photos and apps.

3. JackieInCo macrumors 601

I would never have a 16GB iPhone because after installing my apps, that would leave me with barely 6GB left. Add in very little music and then some pictures, and you are out of space.

I also have a 16GB Nexus 4 but the storage space on that has been enough for the past two years but that's because I never use it for pictures because I have an iPhone and Googles music player sucks compared to the music app on my iPhone.

4. Xiroteus macrumors 65816

16GB is a joke just on principal.

It should start at 32GB for the current cost of 16GB.

5. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

I have a 6/64GB and mine is mostly music. Very few apps. I would use a 16 if I streamed my music, but for the cost of only $100, what the hell, why not have the 64GB. I also like having the space should I need it for taking videos or lots of photos.

6. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I'm only using 9.3GB out of my 64GB at the moment. I think it has a lot to do with the cache a lot of apps keep too.

7. turtle777 macrumors 6502a

Bah humbug.

8GB is just fine. For my mother-in-law only, of course.
    She upgraded from a flip phone, and doesn't have a computer.

-t