Apple makes good!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by bluzharp, Jun 24, 2009.

1. bluzharp macrumors newbie

I just had to post this in light of all the bad experiences I've seen posted here regarding Apple's customer satisfaction.

My 2 year old power adapter for my MacBook seemed to stop charging. I went to the local Apple store in town with no appointment, told them the problem, and also that I had Apple care. They plugged my machine into a mag safe adapter on one of the display computers, and it worked fine.
    They immediately swapped out mine for a brand new one with no questions asked, and sent me on my way. Way to go Apple!

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

You had applecare, and they replaced your product? Congrats, the system worked for you...

Now, if the adapter had caught fire, and you tried to get a replacement, you wouldn't have such a good feeling towards apple right now...

3. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

It doesn't say much about big corporations when people are praising them on the internet for doing exactly what they're supposed to do.

4. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

True, but most people on the internet are griping. :D

5. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    +1

So true. It is nice to hear that things are working like they should. Not all news or comments have to be negative. Sometimes it's good to point out that people or businesses do what they say they will do.

6. bluzharp thread starter macrumors newbie

Shhhh, don't tell anyone! They'll just flame me because they like to complain.

7. coolwater macrumors 6502a

coolwater

You have Applecare. You got what you paid for.

8. bluzharp thread starter macrumors newbie

Almost, but not quite. I have a screen flicker problem, and a key that doesn't work. After they fix those things, I will have gotten what I "paid for" as far as Applecare is concerned. :D