Apple manager gets busted for leaking iphone & ipod secrets

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RMXO, Aug 14, 2010.

1. RMXO macrumors 6502a

http://www.ipodnn.com/articles/10/08/14/apple.manager.accused.of.taking.pay.for.secrets/

Apple manager gets arrested & charge for leaking iphone & ipod secrets.

Wow! Can't wait for more info about this to come out. I'm curious how long has this guy been doing it. I'm no student of the law but this is considered corporate espionage right?

2. Eldiablojoe macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

$1,000,000 = Not worth time in prison.

Even Federal prison isn't the "camp" it used to be with the influx of more violent prisoners from RICO and state prison gang members being prosecuted Federally and housed at BoP.

3. chembox macrumors 6502a

Apple tries to be way too secretive and private, anyways.

4. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

The plan wasn't that in return for a prison sentence, you get $1m. The prison was just a possibility or a risk factor at the time. Now it's a virtual certainty with the other part of the formula being reduced too.

Crime pays if you don't get caught. Sometimes, even then, but you have to put a figure onto your life. A few years in prison might worth $1m to many people.

5. RMXO thread starter macrumors 6502a

My buddy & his partner got caught transporting Mary Jane across state line. They got busted in AZ because his partner was driving and got pulled over for a routine traffic violation. The cops that pulled them over happen to be with the canine unit & their dogs smelled the Mary Jane even though the officers couldn't.

They both served close to 3 yrs at a "Club Med" Federal Camp in their respectable states. It all depends on where they go & how they do in there. Prison is what you make of it, just like in life.

I agree with your last sentence. I asked my buddy if it was worth it & he said it was. The money they would of made would of set both of them for life if they didn't get pulled over for a routine traffic violation. Funny how life bite's you back when you least expect it too.

6. XLR8 macrumors regular

Actually, publicly traded corporations have to be very careful what they disclose to the public.