Apple Maps - 2 issues

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by DJTaurus, Sep 4, 2015.

1. DJTaurus macrumors 65816

DJTaurus

1) Screen direction on apple watch doesnt stay on all the time..... is there a way to avoid screen going to sleep?

2) When i dont follow maps commands Re-routing takes ages to appear on Apple Watch....any fix?

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

No, it's not supposed to stay on all the time like on iPhone. No point as it'll wake itself up at the appropriate time and you'll know this when you detect the haptics.

3. DJTaurus thread starter macrumors 65816

DJTaurus

Wake up on the appropriate time you mean just before I get ready to turn?.... Cause it didn't wake up. It woke up 100-200m before while I was on a big straight and get to sleep again after some seconds.... Didn't woke up just before the turn.

Why do you mean detect haptics? No haptics during the travel.

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Do you have it turned off? Most of us have it on as we can discriminate left/right turns from the different haptic patterns (continuous tapping for right turns and three sets of taps with a pause in between for left turns).

5. DJTaurus thread starter macrumors 65816

DJTaurus

Turn alerts off or leave it on? image.jpg

6. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Well you do need that on, but you also need to have haptic on if you want to feel the taps.

7. DJTaurus, Sep 4, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2015

DJTaurus thread starter macrumors 65816

DJTaurus

8. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I suppose it's a bug then. Hopefully Apple will fix it. In the meantime, try rebooting, as several individuals in those threads have found success with this as a temporary fix.

9. DJTaurus thread starter macrumors 65816

DJTaurus

I just reboot watch and it worked.

So from what I see 3 solid taps is for turning left and 3 to 6 quick small taps is for right ?

10. Enygmatic macrumors 6502a

Enygmatic

From Apple:

Follow directions. After you tap Start and head off on your first leg, Apple Watch uses taps to let you know when to turn. A steady series of 12 taps means turn right at the intersection you’re approaching; three pairs of two taps means turn left. Not sure what your destination looks like? You’ll feel a vibration when you’re on the last leg, and again when you arrive.