Apple Maps 3rd Party integration - not like official screenshot

MacFinnley

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 30, 2014
Munich, Germany
There are a few apps now that support apple maps integration and I activated them in the settings, but the integration itself is not the same as shown in the official picture from apple (left upper pic).

OpenTable for example: I have no option in the maps app to book a table. Now I'm wondering if the app integration simply doesn't work yet (in germany) or if this is something apple has changed.

Attachments

mthomas184

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2016
Pittsburgh
There are a few apps now that support apple maps integration and I activated them in the settings, but the integration itself is not the same as shown in the official picture from apple (left upper pic).

OpenTable for example: I have no option in the maps app to book a table. Now I'm wondering if the app integration simply doesn't work yet (in germany) or if this is something apple has changed.
Works like a charm for me. Did you make sure you clicked on the restaurant you want? If there's nothing there then it may not be available yet in Germany

Attachments

Reactions: onepoint

Cpives

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2015
Is this US only? I'm in the UK, and have Yelp, Openable, Uber, and Lyft installed, activated in the maps setting, but nothing is coming up when I search for a place

onepoint

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2010
USA
Works like a charm for me. Did you make sure you clicked on the restaurant you want? If there's nothing there then it may not be available yet in Germany
Funny -- I clicked the first picture and saw Grand Concourse, thinking "weird, there's one of those across the river from me." Same city.

Reactions: mthomas184
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.