Apple Maps and Motorcycles

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by VanCleef2012, Sep 26, 2012.

1. VanCleef2012 macrumors newbie

The new update is really nice for those like myself that ride motorcycles! I always have my in ear headphones in with music playing and I recently took a hour long ride down to long beach and siri got me there perfectly fine. It dims down the music and shes talks over it and it updates when needed. It also got me home with no mistakes. Finally no more pulling over and checking my phone to see if I'm heading in the right direction. Really loving it! :D

Anyone else that rides having the same success?

2. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

Great to hear. I really love that Turn-by-Turn is functioning even when you put the phone to sleep. Like it will pop up when you need to turn and back to sleep after that. I think that's really cool. Do you have experience about this?

3. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

Waze does the same thing. You even get a nice "prepare to turn right in 200 feet" reminder.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

That is great and I will certainly try that out. I hope you only use one of the ear phones leaving the other open for any possible chance that someone (rescue vehicle) is trying to get your attention. ;)

5. VanCleef2012 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yah its a really nice feature! It reminds you once you get closer just in case you weren't paying attention which is most of the time since I'm always looking out for dangerous cars and such. It reminds you a good amount of times when your near an exit/freeway merge/etc. I ride with both headphones in but mirror check every so often since I'm on the lookout for speeding :rolleyes::D