iPhone Apple Maps Blank

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by maviso5, Mar 31, 2013.

1. maviso5 macrumors regular

Hi,

Anyone else have this on their iphone?

I have a blank apple maps (satellite appears to work, but hybrid doesn't seem to bring down the roads)

[​IMG]

2. Georgij macrumors regular

Have you tried to zoom out?

Also how much memory do you have left on your iPhone?

3. famoussasjohn macrumors 6502a

famoussasjohn

All working fine here. Maybe try restarting your phone if you've tried zooming out.

4. maviso5 thread starter macrumors regular

If you're trolling me, move on, but yes I've tried both zooming out and restarting and the maps as a whole seems ******** for me....

----------

Here is the UK:

[​IMG]

5. Nanasaki macrumors 6502

Nanasaki

Here is map of City of Taiyuan, where my hometown is.... Map of the whole city is blank.....

Attached Files:

6. dermotor macrumors newbie

Did you ever get an answer or solve this issue?

My maps are blank too. If I zoom right out, I get a shadow of the continents, bizarrely what seem to be green spaces for national parks and woodland.

Many thanks

Dermot

I'm using a fully updated iPad 2

Attached Files:

7. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

Is it just a not fully loaded map? How's your data connection?

8. dermotor macrumors newbie

Blank maps in iOS

Many thanks

It is an incomplete map but definitely not due to poor connections. Tried it in different countries and with good wifi and 3G connections. Still a problem.

It has been going on for several months. Tried the obvious things like resetting etc.

Been going on so long I am afraid I can't remember if anything such as an update precipitated the problem.

If I am zoomed into any normal level then the map is completely blank. Only if I zoom out to show the whole country do I start to see this ghostly outline.

The satellite view works fine and so usually does the hybrid view, especially if I've switched to satellite view first.

Also other Apps (eg DayOne) that use Apple's maps for location have a blank screen and they don't all have the option to use satellite view.

9. Aar vee macrumors newbie

10. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

My best guess is that the servers for Apple Maps are having problems. Try using an alternative map app for the time being?

11. dermotor macrumors newbie

It suddenly cured itself for no obvious reason and now works fine. This wasn't related to any update nor anything I might have done.

There's now also the new Google Maps App option for iPad which didn't previously exist.

Good luck