Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has expanded its turn-by-turn navigation in Apple Maps for the United Arab Emirates. The app now offers more detailed directions for driving and walking, with options to book a ride through Uber also showing within the app.

iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAADUkAAAcJCAYAAABwGHI5AAAAAXNSR0IArs4c6QAAAPRlWElmTU0AKgAAAAgABwESAAMAAAABAAEA.jpg

Still missing for users in the UAE is public transit information, lane guidance and speed limits, although given that the addition of turn-by-turn directions is part of an ongoing improvement to Apple Maps, these are likely to follow.

Rival Google Maps has been the de facto navigation app in the UAE for some time, thanks to its driving, walking, and public transport modes.

(Thanks, Alexey!)

Article Link: Apple Maps Expands Turn-by-Turn Directions for United Arab Emirates

Last edited:

peneaux

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2020
Apple Maps is quite good. Wish there was better information about businesses. I think Apple is getting rid of nasty Yelp and moving to TripAdvisor.

Analog Kid

macrumors 603
Mar 4, 2003
I’ve never been to the UAE, but looking at the image in the article I have to wonder if you really need GPS to find the Burj Khalifa...

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2007
lol USA and their 1890s measurement system lol
USA they use metric in UAE duh only you retards are using imperial.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.