Apple maps in arab world

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Bilalo, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Bilalo macrumors 6502

Believe it or not, most arabs have Iphones... Maybe a total of 30 mil iphones were sold in the middle east, thats an estimate im making but I believe its even more :p Apple maps, as it say n the website doesn't offer directions in the arab world, forget turn by turn, just normal ones. Google maps offers everything you could say. Apple is amazing in europe and america but lacks greatly in the arab world and I never knew why. I currently live in the UK but I come from the middle east and so many features are disabled here and I don't mind that, but maps isnt a feature im willing to lose nor my cousins nor parents nor anyone... This is just unfair, we want Ios 6 but also need a map system that could take us directions...

2. AQUADock macrumors 65816

AQUADock

I have the same problems, when I was in England I installed the iOS 6 beta and directions were working wonderfully. Now that I'm back here I can't get anything to work.

3. Bilalo thread starter macrumors 6502

I mean I get siri and 3D and turn by turn not working, but just simple street names and directions... I think even Dubai is lacking them and Qatar... They never look this way, and non apple products like samsung and so on are better in the arab world, they offer more, apple should focus because we are a big number of consumers here and if they offer us these things people will buy it more and more, if siri just works here some rich people will just buy themphone to try saying take me here or where is that xD

4. farawaybrothers macrumors member

iOS 6 didn't even come out yet to the public, and the new maps app is like I said "new". I'm sure Apple is gonna improve it in the next updates, just like they're adding languages to Siri.