Apple maps issue on iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by old-wiz, Dec 16, 2015.

1. old-wiz macrumors G3

Suddenly, when I open the Apple map app on my iPhone 6, it only shows the grid and won't show any new maps. Anyone else have the problem? Immediately after closing Apple map I can open Google map and everything is fine on Google. Latest iPhone software.

2. Vicrooloo macrumors regular

How long did you wait for the map to load? You gotta give it time depending on your data situation because it has to pull your location and the map itself.

3. old-wiz thread starter macrumors G3

Several minutes...and the problem also shows up at home too on wi-fi and a 150 MB connection. It was working fine prior to some update.

4. Vicrooloo macrumors regular

Odd. I assume you already tried the reboot. Clearly the issue is with the app itself. I don't recall any changes to Maps in ios 9.2

The only thing left to do is wait or play around in the app until something responds. Its not the phone since G Maps works.

5. old-wiz thread starter macrumors G3

Ah I tried the reboot and now it is fine. I almost never reboot the iPhone so I hadn't thought of that. thanks for the suggestion

6. CTHarrryH macrumors 65816

I have that issue on my MBP but not on iPhone - for MBP answer is delete configuration file and let it rebuild. Don't think you can do anything similar on phone though