Apple Maps lingers after car drive

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by silvetti, Oct 11, 2016.

1. silvetti macrumors 6502a

silvetti

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is by design or not.
    So, every time I drive in my car and I use Apple Maps on the phone (never ever touching the watch) the app opens and works as it should giving me vibrations etc..
    After I finish the drive, I go to my phone and stop End Route or close Apple Maps completely.
    Problem is that even if I wait 30 minutes (I have keep app open for 8 minutes on Watch settings) the next time I use my watch it's stuck on the Maps app and I have to manually exit it every single time I use Maps on Phone for directions.

Does this happen to anyone else, as in it's by design or I have some sort of bug and should restore the Watch from scratch ?

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Yup. I've been having this issue since iOS10. What's more annoying is when a route that I've manually ended with the "End Route" button decides to just start giving me turn by turn again out of the blue.

3. silvetti thread starter macrumors 6502a

silvetti

Thank god it's not only me :D
    So it's probably a more general bug/feature!? I guess.
    Will report this to Apple then as it's quite annoying.
    I just disabled Turn Alerts on Maps settings and tonight on my commute home will see what happens.

4. silvetti thread starter macrumors 6502a

silvetti

I decided to disable turn directions on Apple Watch. This way only if I open the application it will work. No need in the car to have my watch vibrating to be honest.

5. silvetti thread starter macrumors 6502a

silvetti

To anyone following this thread, this has been fixed on latest watchOS version. It's even in the notes :)