Apple Maps not finding places

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mrochester, Dec 29, 2014.

1. mrochester macrumors 65816

Hi all

I've experienced this on numerous occasions, but just not I've used Apple Maps to search for a village called Coldingham and instead of the first hit being the actual village of Coldingham, it's suggesting all sorts of businesses with Coldingham in the name. In fact, Coldingham village itself isn't even one of the places Apple Maps has found!

Does anyone know how to get Apple Maps to actually find the places I search for?

Many thanks

M.

2. campyguy macrumors 68040

The only means I've found to work is to enter in the name of the entity you're looking for, and add the name of the country or province/state in which the entity is located. It's a rare town or city that I'm aware of that pops up without entering in the country/province/state.

I get lots of hits for "Portland", where I live, including both sides of the pond, until I add "OR" for Oregon. I always get just one hit for "Skamokawa" where my mom lives when sharing that township for directions - good luck finding another one, anywhere, and there aren't any businesses. That's all I've got for you! Cheers!