Apple Maps Now Provides Traffic Conditions in Bulgaria, Slovakia, and Slovenia

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple Maps has recently been updated with all-new traffic data in Bulgaria, Slovakia, and Slovenia, providing users with real-time updates about vehicular traffic in three more European countries. As usual, highly congested areas will display orange or red lines along the roads to indicate that drivers may face delays. The traffic feature is also now available in Gibraltar, a small British territory on Spain's south coast.

Apple Maps traffic data is available in over 40 other countries, including the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, China, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, South Africa, Spain, Belgium, Germany, Greece, France, Italy, the Netherlands, Czech Republic, Denmark, Poland, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Malta, Monaco, San Marino, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Slovenia, Gibraltar, and select other regions in Europe.

Article Link: Apple Maps Now Provides Traffic Conditions in Bulgaria, Slovakia, and Slovenia

Avieshek

Suspended
Dec 7, 2013
India
They have to think outside US & UK, like India. If they want to be equivalent if not better than Google Maps.

VaeVictis

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2013
That is exactly what I came here to post!
Well its about time that Slovenia becomes part of the modern world in the eyes of big companies.

Its insulting that some modern companies still treat us like we still live in caves...

tha_man

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2016
Well, some of our roads actually look like they're taking you to a cave :D

one more

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
Apple Maps works as an "ok" general product in France and Switzerland if you do not have anything else to use. Otherwise, Waze works better for driving, Google Maps - for public transport info and maps.me for walks in the areas with patchy connection. Speaking of driving in particular, iOS 10 incarnation has "lost" quite a few useful guides along the route which were there in its iOS 9 variant. I will keep on checking on Maps once a month to see how it develops...

peter2

macrumors regular
May 15, 2007
Apple maps are a (bad) joke. The street number where my house is supposed to be is half a kilometer away from the true location. That is after I reported this inaccuracy via the Maps.app at least 4 times spanning from at least two years ago till present day. Wondering if the reporting tool erases the reported issues right away ;-).

How can you be navigated reliably when the data has such flaws? You can't.

Last edited: