Apple maps street view?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DBZmusicboy01, Aug 3, 2014.

1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

Is that something apple might do in the future?
    Well....They have to do something big if they want people to use their map app.
    Google is way too far ahead of them. Apple has billions of dollars and I am sure they could improve their maps in a huge way.
    They can even use drones to do an aerial city street view type of thing.
    My wish is for apple to dominate every big company out now. Apple is changing. The deepest secrets of Steve Jobs plans. The next step is the iWatch and then the iTV and maybe who knows what else Apple might change.
    The iPhone introduction really changed the world.

2. Woochifer macrumors 6502a

I just use the Streets app, which integrates the Google street view into Apple Maps. It costs $2, but I've found it worthwhile.

I'm at a point now where I prefer the Apple Maps most of the time, because of its less cluttered view (and because Google Maps has become progressively more of a confused mess). The Streets app allows me to call up the street view for those times I want to see it. It's a bit of a kludge because Streets basically pretends to be an add-on for transit directions. But, once I got used to how it works, I seamlessly move between Streets and Apple Maps just fine.

Apple has patents pending on street view-like functionality that uses augmented reality, so it's not like they've stood still on this capability.