Apple Maps UK Business Listings

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by spookme, Sep 17, 2012.

1. spookme macrumors member

Hi

Hoping someone can help me, with the move in IOS 6 to Apple Maps, I thought I would do some home work about business listings.

Quickly it became apparent that most data will be already captured by Apple for the new maps. However, in a situation where it isn't there does;t seem to be a clear way for a non USA company to get themselves sorted.

All the information I can find on the net, points to explaining how a company based in the USA can make sure they have a good chance of being on their, but nothing for any other part of the world.

Anyone got any clues?

Thanks

2. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

3. spookme thread starter macrumors member

Thanks Jason S

I did some home work as soon as Apple announced Maps and found Yelp, did every that it suggested, got listed etc.

However, having now seen Apple Maps in the flesh through a GM ver of IOS6 my business isn't listed or showing (it did on google)

I trawled the net looking for details and everything else that is suggested to ensure you do is geared towards the USA. I don't think I'm going to be the first or the last business to notice this and when Apple maps is going to play such a big part in people find us it's going to play an important part.

Thanks for your input though, I am very grateful

4. Saladinos macrumors 68000

Saladinos

Try making a pin where your business is and report a problem.

I don't know how quickly they deal with it, but I reported some issues that have been fixed (graphical oddities mostly)