iPhone X Apple Maps

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tl01, Mar 24, 2018.

1. tl01 macrumors 68020

Anyone else suddenly have crazy inaccuracies with Apple maps? I had two just today. I live in a large city and these were obvious well known locations.

2. Rayfire macrumors 68030

Rayfire

Same here, it's even worse in Carplay. Read a few threads online that even replacement phones didn't fix it. I'm hoping that iOS 12 will fix it.

3. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

I only use Apples maps for seeing where my car is. The rest id Waze or google maps.

4. Glennster macrumors 6502

Glennster

Apple maps is a joke. I’ve given it so many chances as my go-to choice but cannot stand it. Unreliable and lousy map detail.

Google Maps or Waze here.

5. tl01 thread starter macrumors 68020

I like it for its integration with my watch...but these were such ridiculous mistakes that I sort of don’t trust it is taking me to the right places now. Nothing like being late bc your phone map can’t figure out where you are going. I don’t usually use it for my cars as they are generally where I have left them;).

6. RyCan3 macrumors 6502a

RyCan3

I wish I could use Google Maps or Waze on my CarPlay. Stuck with Apple Maps.

7. ipponrg macrumors 65816

In regards to restaurants, I notice that Apple Maps relies on Yelp for many of its searches. If you type in a basic address such as "<restaurant name> <street name>", the search won't usually return correctly. For this reason, I stopped using it and have found much more success with Google Maps.

8. Ralfi macrumors 68020

Ralfi

My most recent Apple Maps/Siri/CarPlay fail was when I repeatedly asked Siri to take me to Kmart in a suburb 15km away, & it came back with a place called K & T Mart & message "directions not available between these locations".....I'm in Australia, & Apple Maps had Africa on screen....

GIVE US GOOGLE MAPS ON CARPLAY ALREADY.

9. BigSky20 macrumors regular

Three destination fails this weekend! I wanted to go to three different businesses and Apple Maps took me to three different houses.

Give us Waze on CarPlay!