Apple marketing policy

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Perfa, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Perfa macrumors newbie

I dont understand Apple at the moment. They offers a protection plan indicating that you may want to keep your Mac for a long time. Meanwhile Mountain Lion releases with no support for mirroring unless you have a brand new Mac. Airparrot proves at least on my mac that hw resources is not the issue here.

Is this just simple a matter of making money. Of course apple as any company needs to earn money, but should they be so transparent about this.

This in addition to the cost of installing a new battery makes me considering leaving mac alltogether.

Thanks!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

In other words, one plus truck equals ????? The two have nothing to do with each other. Applecare obviously does not give you a free upgrade when something new comes out.

3. Perfa thread starter macrumors newbie

All products have in some way to do with each other. Im talking about the complete Apple approach here.

4. hafr macrumors 68030

What's the quality of Airparrot on an older computer? Even new computers that support Airplay have problems getting it to work properly, so maybe it's just a question of Apple having realised they can't offer a good enough quality of the Airplay feature for computer older than a certain generation?

Please tell me you're not serious. You are not really saying you're reacting on the fact that a company is transparent about wanting to maximise profit, are you? Are you really angry with Apple for not having been able to trick you into believing they're doing something for another reason than making money?

If you find a non-profit organisation making equally good computers, please let me know.

5. Perfa thread starter macrumors newbie

6. old-wiz macrumors G3

How could we answer this question?

"good computer" for what?