apple matt display (OEM) for macbook pro 15: 800 AUS $$$

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by howareyoukk, Nov 12, 2013.

1. howareyoukk, Nov 12, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2013

howareyoukk macrumors regular

I want to replace my hi-res glossy with hi-res matt on my 2012 macbook pro 15. I knew apple won't do it for me so i called my local apple service providers(two of them actually). They gave me a price of a genuine matt display (directly from apple, tested and all sort of official thing) and it will cost me around 800 dollars(AUS). Also, he told me that the matt display that is around 200 dollars are mostly from China or taiwan and its not listed on apple's service or sth. Now I have few options:

1. I pay the price now and get a genuine matt display
    2. I get the anti glare protector (possibly from moshi)
    3. I save up some money and change it later next year or near future when my computer gets a bit older

Please leave a comment..I am so regret of getting the hi-res glossy display…my girlfriend don't even need a mirror since i got the display (IF i even have a girlfriend ;)

Has anyone done this kind of conversion in the past? can you please share some of your ideas on this? Thanks in advanced :)

2. katewes macrumors 6502

If you need an anti-glare screen, and you haven't signed the petition for the matte wordpress petition, then it's really your fault. The Mac community hasn't fully got behind this petition. So now that Apple cuts the matte screen totally out of its line, then you have to ask: what did the Apple community do about the petition?

MacRumors moderators don't allow people to post the URL of online petitions, so I can't tell you the URL, but you can easily find the wordpress petition if you search on Google.

3. koppie644 macrumors regular

$800????
    sell your machine and
    buy one with the matt display from someone else or buy a refurbished one (if there is any)