Apple may surpass Exxon as most valuable company

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by obeygiant, Oct 29, 2010.

1. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

AP

whoa!

I guess there is this thread, but the the whole exxon thing put it into perspective for me.

2. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

And with the growth of middle class in China, Apple's business in that country is going to go through some substantial expansion.

3. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

That's quiet impressive. I'm wondering exactly what percentage of Apple's total sales come from the iPhone and what the dollar amount is?

4. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

I am happy to hear Apple is doing well. I am always for a company who earns its money through brain and effective marketing programs over a company who benefits from just digging earth to extract natural resources. I myself like using brain over digging earth.:)

I need oil and gas; so we all need oil companies like Exxon.

So, my comment is based on my value system.

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

http://images.apple.com/pr/pdf/q410data_sum.pdf

In the last quarter…

Macs $4.87 billion
    iPhone $8.82 billion

6. Bernard SG macrumors 65816

Bernard SG

Wirelessly posted (IPod Touch 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I love your post!

7. puma1552 macrumors 601

Most ignorant post of the year.

I hate big oil as much as anyone else, but with a background in chemical engineering and chemistry, it's a LOT more complicated than "just digging earth to extract natural resources."

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

As a completely unrelated aside, while Exxon's stock climbs ever steadily due to oil being an inelastic product, Apple's stock will likely halve overnight when Steve drops dead with no warning to the shareholders.

8. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

How can he do otherwise, and when did you discover this ability in yourself?

9. puma1552 macrumors 601

It was a comment about how he may languish in a hospital bed for weeks or months, keeping complete silence, much like how nobody knew he had a liver transplant or was even sick at all until AFTER he had it.