Apple @me email not receiving email

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Patrick J, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Patrick J macrumors 65816

Patrick J

@me email is not receiving messages. The mail gets sent back with this message:

2. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

Possible Cause:

Looks like you are running your own SMTP Server. Like under Mac OS X Lion "Server". If so, are you running this on your home network "behind" a DYNAMIC IP from your ISP (I.E. Not a STATIC IP). If you are running a Server "behind" a DYNAMIC IP then some SMTP Server's will BLOCK you. I have had this problem with my office computers where I was running an SMTP Server and I switched from a STATIC IP to a DYNAMIC IP from my ISP to save some money and then my SMTP could not send mail. I think they want to reduce possible SPAM Server's that are hiding behind DYNAMIC IP's.

If this is the case, you may need to point SMTP to your ISP's SMTP Server for OUTGOING Mail.

3. Patrick J thread starter macrumors 65816

Patrick J

Thanks for your reply.

I am running no server. I setup iPad with an IOL (portuguese email) account and it works fine for sending/receiving other emails (gmail, etc). At home all I have is a normal DSL line with a wireless router/modem, to which iPad is connected.

4. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

I was mainly going my this: "This is the mail system at host dellbld07.localdomain"

The "localdomain" was confusing me.

Good Luck.

5. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

If you click the link in the message you'll see the following information:

IP Address 195.170.168.71
    Reverse Lookup dellbld07.srv.portugalmail.net
    Earliest Seen as Spam 10/11/2009 18:39:45 GMT
    Most Recently Seen as Spam 03/10/2012 20:32:33 GMT We are seeing spam messages from this IP today. Please check your network.
    # of Spam Msgs Collected 19
    Query Time 03/10/2012 22:37:27 GMT
    DNS Zone safe.dnsbl.prs.proofpoint.com

Proofpoint on the me.com host blocked the message because of SPAM originating from your mail host (your e-mail provider). The hostname is actually dellbld07.srv.portugalmail.net and it's on a BUNCH of blacklists. You'll be lucky to send e-mail from that account to anyone. Well, anyone with a mail host that uses basic SPAM protection. More sophisticated SPAM filters may not block the messages.

Unfortunately, you chose an e-mail provider that is spewing crap and is being blocked so there isn't anything you can do about it except get an e-mail account somewhere else.