Apple Memory Module 4GB 1066MHz DDR3

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jimmychef, Oct 14, 2008.

1. jimmychef macrumors newbie

So, the new MacBook has a memory upgrade available and I would like to know if this will slot in to my MacBook. its a Apple Memory Module 4GB 1066MHz DDR3.

2. dougnewman macrumors 6502

This is not the proper RAM for any previous MacBook.

What type of RAM you need depends on which exact revision of MacBook you have.

3. borias53 macrumors newbie

DDR3 or not

Hi,

An earlier posting on this forum and all the guides I can find certainly made me think that my MacBook 2 GHz Core Duo is not up to handling the new memory. Maybe Apple is giving me the wrong notion, please see attached. They claim I can use 2 x 2GB 1066MHz DDR3 memory modules to upgrade to 4GB total. In my internet searches I see the 2 x 2GB chips available for around $120. In one place they state they are DDR2, in another they state DD3, for virtually the same price. Oh so typical, when you're trying to get the most for your moolah. I'm almost ready to go with the DDR2 in any event. The performance will vastly improve my current half-Gig, and the risk is zilch.

Comments, anyone?

Attached Files:

4. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Go to

www.crucial.co.uk

press 'scan my system' on the left
    will tell you exactly what you need

dont buy from them though, whilst crucial RAM is high quality, its always a rip off

You should also note certain manurfacturers RAM even though it may match all the specs WONT work with your macbook due to limitations by Apple.

5. borias53 macrumors newbie

MacBook Memory Upgrade

Hi!

Thanks for the suggestion. Now, I'm really confused! Crucial suggested I go with 2 x 1GB chips DDR2, saying that this is a max limit on my laptop. I actually don't doubt this, but I'm just so amazed the apple site's answer is so much different.

6. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man