Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mb3152

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2014
I ordered my phone via pre-order the night it was available, but could not get on till 6AM PST, got a mid-october delivery data. That's fine, I can be patient. However, I saw this morning a local store had the phone I wanted available for pick up, so I cancelled my pre-order so I could reserve it. Called Verizon to make sure my upgrade got detached from my previous order. Apparently now I can't order a phone, as Apple's website says I can't order more than 2 iPhone Plus's, even though I have only ordered, and cancelled, one. I went to the store, no luck. Call customer service, and they told me there was literally nothing they could do, that I just had to wait it out. So now I can't even order a phone for deliver in November. They just told me to keep trying or to get in line. It's pretty hard to throw down 500 dollars and sign a contract for a phone when the company does things like this.

Oh, and they never offered me a free case...

Anyone having this issue?

AppleFan360

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008
I ordered my phone via pre-order the night it was available, but could not get on till 6AM PST, got a mid-october delivery data. That's fine, I can be patient. However, I saw this morning a local store had the phone I wanted available for pick up, so I cancelled my pre-order so I could reserve it. Called Verizon to make sure my upgrade got detached from my previous order. Apparently now I can't order a phone, as Apple's website says I can't order more than 2 iPhone Plus's, even though I have only ordered, and cancelled, one. I went to the store, no luck. Call customer service, and they told me there was literally nothing they could do, that I just had to wait it out. So now I can't even order a phone for deliver in November. They just told me to keep trying or to get in line. It's pretty hard to throw down 500 dollars and sign a contract for a phone when the company does things like this.

I can understand what you were trying to do but you take a risk by being inpatient and unfortunately this time it didn't pay off.

Keep trying at the store or simply order another one and wait. Either way, keep plugging away. Eventually you will get one. Stay positive.

mb3152

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2014
I can understand what you were trying to do but you take a risk by being inpatient and unfortunately this time it didn't pay off.

Keep trying at the store or simply order another one and wait. Either way, keep plugging away. Eventually you will get one. Stay positive.

Thanks. But the Apple website won't let me order another one now at all! So I am stuck waiting in line or waiting till the lines die down, or waiting till Apple's servers reload, if that actually will fix it, which they can't tell me. I expect more from Apple, but I know that their servers, like anyones, can only process so much at once. Just a bummer.

pubmix

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2014
Believe me, Apple phone support is an embarrassment to the company.

From what I've been hearing, the stores should be stocked again in a week or two.

qnssekr

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2011

I did the same exact thing as you did except i'm with At & t. i placed an order through apples site yesterday. work up this morning and check the availability of the phone i wanted. It was available. I cancelled my order online and called a apple representative to see if i would have any problems picking up a iPhone today. was told it would take 1-5 business days for my cancelation to be processed. an hour later a email can through from apple telling me my order is cancelled. now I can pick up a phone at my nearest shop.

mb3152

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2014
I did the same exact thing as you did except i'm with At & t. i placed an order through apples site yesterday. work up this morning and check the availability of the phone i wanted. It was available. I cancelled my order online and called a apple representative to see if i would have any problems picking up a iPhone today. was told it would take 1-5 business days for my cancelation to be processed. an hour later a email can through from apple telling me my order is cancelled. now I can pick up a phone at my nearest shop.

Were you getting the "You've reached the maximum number of iPhone 6 Plus devices you can purchase from the Apple Online Store." error?

qnssekr

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2011
Were you getting the "You've reached the maximum number of iPhone 6 Plus devices you can purchase from the Apple Online Store." error?

I only have one line. when i cancelled my online purchase and went to reserve a phone I received a similar message. once i received the cancellation email i was able to reserve a phone. I'm actually surprised that my cancellation went through so fast. i was expecting it to clear by monday or tuesday.

----------

Did you place your order through verizon or apple? all my orders were placed through apple. if you ordered through verizon maybe that is the cause of the delay? or they just might operate differently.

mb3152

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2014
I only have one line. when i cancelled my online purchase and went to reserve a phone I received a similar message. once i received the cancellation email i was able to reserve a phone. I'm actually surprised that my cancellation went through so fast. i was expecting it to clear by monday or tuesday.

----------

Did you place your order through verizon or apple? all my orders were placed through apple. if you ordered through verizon maybe that is the cause of the delay? or they just might operate differently.

Hmm, I placed all my orders through Apple. Very weird.

jermy4

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2010
Honestly if you haven't completed a single iPhone 6 purchase from apple I would email Tim Cook (tcook@apple.com) and have him help you.

Rajani Isa

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2010
Rogue Valley, Oregon
That's who told me, after speaking to an adviser, that they had no idea what was going on and could do nothing to fix it.

Okay, was just making sure. Your original post wasn't quite clear.

And the emailing Tim Cook is actually a decent idea. Steve Jobs was big on checking his own email, from what I understand, and Tim Cook seems to be continuing it on. By the time he retires, it will be an unwritten bullet point for the Apple CEO job description :).

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
This is why its always best to stick with the order in the queue. I see these types of threads with a fair amount of regularity every year. Its too bad OP, that you tried to get an iPhone sooner then later and the order process messed that up :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.