apple mice?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by dangermou5e, Sep 13, 2009.

1. dangermou5e macrumors member

hey guys,

just curious what a good mouse is to replace the mighty mouse?
    i work with it a lot, and i find the ball in the middle (as much as i love it) gets clogged up with dirt too often :/
    i would LOVE it, if i could find a mouse that still allowed me to click the middle bit and launch expose and the side buttons took me to spaces

any suggestions welcomed :D

TIA

2. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

I just got myself a Logitech VX nano mouse. Its small so you may want to look at some larger ones if you have big hands but it is many many times better than the mighty mouse. You can programme it to use expose/spaces/dashboard and it comes with a micro receiver that plugs into a usb port on your mac.
    4129.1.0.jpg

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

+1 on the VX Nano. Best mouse I've ever used! Great battery life (3+ months), very compact and comfortable, programmable buttons, ultra-fast scroll wheel, micro USB receiver can stay plugged in all the time, even in a sleeve.

4. dangermou5e thread starter macrumors member

that mouse does look great guys :p
    but unfortunately i do have quite large hands XD
    any other suggestions? :D

5. Angelo95210 macrumors 6502a

Angelo95210

I just got myself a logitech LS1 today and it matches perfectly with my imac... Much better than the Mighty mouse... I love it !

6. Stiss macrumors 6502a

Logitech G5... it's the wow player in me speaking.

7. SqB macrumors 6502

Just picked up the nano today and I was expecting the scroll wheel to be a bit smoother. It seems to be jumpy and not always pick up right away. Might be due to not being able to load the logitech drivers in SL.

The demo unit in the store also rolled without any clicking but mine has some very slight clicking as it rolls. Is that normal? Maybe I got a bad wheel.

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can press down on the scroll wheel till it clicks, to switch between "precise" (click) scrolling and "hyper-fast" (smooth) scrolling.

9. mknapper1 macrumors newbie

ive had the v450 for almost 2 years now and just replaced the batteries a couple of months ago... its a not too small either but not bulky. and its pretty inexpensive at $30. and if you look around you can get it for like 10 thats what i paid for it when bestbuy had a sale on it

10. DetroitRockCity macrumors member

11. SqB macrumors 6502

Brilliant! I'm sure that was probably in that little paper thingie with the words on it they stuffed in the box, but who can be bothered.

Thanks.

12. mac2x macrumors 65816

If they are going to market for Mac, why not make it so it can use the computer's internal Bluetooth? :rolleyes:

I find the MM satisfactory as long as I clean the ball every once in a while.

13. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I tried out the Anywhere MX mouse, which is the VX nanos successor but it's a bit on the small side, plus I have big hands. Ended up getting the PMX.

14. illibball087 macrumors regular

i hate where they located the front and back buttons on the anywhere mouse i can never get a right grip i liked where the buttons were located on the vx nano way more

15. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

Its not specifically targeted at mac users, its aimed at both mac and pc.