Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cb911

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
my bro just got a broadcast from a KDX server. it was "Mr. Bond" (for any of you KDX people ;)) he said that he just got off the phone with the head programmer at MS or something, and that they'll have to merge with Apple, or they'll both be put out of business by some Japanese company that will be using AI and light crystals in their computers. :confused:

i just laughed at that when i saw it, but that's some crazy stuff. :eek: i mean stuff like AI and light crystals don't just come out and put people out of business. :p

what's everyone think about this?

and if "Mr. Bond" happens to be reading, or if anyone can get him to comment... please do.

Marble

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2003
Tucson, AZ
What?

Right now this information is about as credible as Pamela Anderson's breasts, and without a link or reference, I doubt anyone else will think so, either.

But for the purposes of discussion, I would like to add that even if the world was suddenly tipping precariously on the edge of instant obliteration at the behest of a mighty and unconditionally terrifying foe, Microsoft would never buy or merge with Apple. They would be subpoena'd in hell.

cb911

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
this supposed Japanese company is called "Orion"... this all sounds like some big story to me.

if anyone was developing technology like this guy says, wouldn't it be the military? they usually develop crazy stuff like this.

cubist

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2002
Muncie, Indiana
For those too young to remember: There was a story - even a book - back in the 1980s about the Fifth Generation Project. The Japanese government was financially backing an effort by Hitachi and other Japanese companies to build a next-generation supercomputer that would bury all the American computer companies. It was silly then, and it's silly now.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I think they would have to be from the constellation Orion to make Microsoft and Apple merge.

Light crystals? That sounds, ummm, interesting. AI? That's been ready to take over how many times now?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.