Apple might pull a dodgy?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kanshira, Feb 5, 2008.

1. kanshira macrumors member

hi, i'm about to send my Macbook Pro off to apple to get my LCD display replaced because theres a small pixel sized bubble like circle/dot on the bottom left corner of my screen - about 2-3mm up from the corner. Its not exactly a big malfunction/defect, since its all the way down the bottom, but its distracting because i know where it is and tend to look at it..lol.

I'm a bit paranoid that apple might pull a dodgy and replace my LCD with the old ones (replacing the LED display type with the old ones ... forgot what its called.. the cold cathrode ones).

Is there a method to test if they replaced with the right one, or is there any out-standing differences to note for?

thanks for help.

2. tip macrumors 6502

tip

They won't do that.

One thing to note - there's a shortage of MBP displays right now at Apple. My MBP is in service and its status is "On hold - Part on order" for a display. I've seen a bunch of other posts from people that have been waiting since mid-January for MBP displays. It's pretty aggravating at the moment.

3. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

I would really like to think that they wouldn't replace your screen with one that is less quality than what you paid for.