Apple Mighty Mouse on Macbook pro, will it drain battery?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Grigorian335, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Grigorian335 macrumors newbie

i'm considering buying the apple mighty mouse for my macbook but i'm afraid that turning on the bluetooth battery will kill my battery... does anybody with the mighty mouse know how much battery life they get out of their macbook pro? i'm using the 15inch unibody macbook pro, its the one from last year... in other words, its 7 hours of battery, not 10 like the new ones that came out recently

2. Eric5273 macrumors 6502a

I don't know the answer to your question, but if you are looking for a wireless mighty mouse at a cheap price, I actually have one that's still in the box brand new, never opened (box is still sealed). I purchased it over a year ago with my Macbook Air because I didn't expect to like using the trackpad, but I ended up being fine with the trackpad, so I never even opened up the mouse. Let me know if you are interested. I'll sell it for far less than what it cost from the store.

3. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Needent not worry about Bluetooth on the MacBook but the mighty and magic mouse in my opinion chew through batteries at a very brisk rate. I suggest Sanyo Eneloops to curb their appetite.

4. ron1004 macrumors 6502

ron1004

I cant offer any advice on what the additional drain on the battery would be - my MBP is almost always on AC power, but I will advise that you buy the MM from a store where it's convenient to return, because there lots of mixed feelings about this mouse - some hate it, and of course some love it, but it's most certainly not everyone's choice - I was in two minds about returning it, and I'm not that impressed with it now after three months.
    IMHO it's totally useless without third party software such as "Better Touch Tool" and it doesn't fit most hands - I have large hands and it too low profile for me.

5. ron1004 macrumors 6502

ron1004

I use 2000mh rechargeable's and leaving the MM on day and night the batteries last about 6 weeks, which is not too bad for me.
    My wife's V450 Nano batteries last about one year.

6. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

I get 5 hours off my 13". BUt I do work it a bit ;-)

7. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Using the mouse hardly uses any extra battery at all, just the tiny amount to power the bluetooth. So you could expect possibly a 5-10 minute drop in battery life (unnoticeable). I think the batteries that come with the mouse are pretty decent. The ones that came with my mighty mouse were energizer lithium and they lasted 6 or 8 months, and regular ones last a couple months. Rechargeable batteries would probably be a good option as well.

8. AndrewCjDuong macrumors member

If your getting an Apple Wireless mouse, expect to drop another $30-50 on good rechargeable batteries. I use to run through 2 duracell batteries every 2-3 weeks. I've just stuck with wired for now.

9. Lokrado macrumors regular

i just used my 17" MBP with mighty mouse for 7 hours straight on battery