Apple misleading people again with retina?

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
It says "iPad with retina display" and it only says that because the iPad mini and iPad 2 don't have retina displays, so when you're comparing specs the retina display is quite important.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
It says "iPad with retina display" and it only says that because the iPad mini and iPad 2 don't have retina displays, so when you're comparing specs the retina display is quite important.
Should say ipad 3 has retina on small print as its still being all refurbished.

----------

Not sure how they are misleading people. Both the 3 and 4 have Retina.
They removed all references to iPad 3.

urkel

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2008
I think the more overlooked misleading info is this "one handed" BS. With the iPhone we are to believe anything bigger than the 4" screen is unusable one handed, but in the iPad Mini video then Ive is talking about how they reimagined the 7.9" Mini so you could use it with one hand. Apple is just all over the place nowadays. (BTW, I own an iPhone 5 and will get a Mini so that's one for each hand)

darngooddesign

macrumors G3
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I think the more overlooked misleading info is this "one handed" BS. With the iPhone we are to believe anything bigger than the 4" screen is unusable one handed, but in the iPad Mini video then Ive is talking about how they reimagined the 7.9" Mini so you could use it with one hand. Apple is just all over the place nowadays. (BTW, I own an iPhone 5 and will get a Mini so that's one for each hand)
No.

You can use the iPhone 5 with one hand.

You can fit the iPad Mini in one hand.