Apple Mobile Device don't show up in services

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by willieij, Oct 17, 2009.

1. willieij macrumors newbie

Hi there,
    please, could anyone tell me what to do if Apple Mobile Device doesn't show up in the services window, in windows vista? I've tried reinstalling itunes and others and it doesn't seem to work!
    I bought this iPhone yesterday and when i tried to update the firmware it showed up the 1602 error and itunes can't recognize my phone anymore, and the iphone is stuck in the connect to itunes screen, and it is impossible to put on dfu mode, recovery mode, hard reset won't do the job...please heeeeelp!:(

just one thing, i got to the conclusion that the problem is the lack of apple mobile device in the services list on the pc, i have the ipod service on and active but this is'nt even showing up!
    I've already reinstaled itunes.....:)

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

3. willieij thread starter macrumors newbie

Solved

tks, but I had done something different that ended solving my problem...
    I used another pc I had, installed the itunes and eveything ran smoooth, cause it's aple mobile device was working. I restored and updated trough that pc and then used my personal pc to sync as i used to, everything swell !

:)
    see ya

4. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

two places it has to be started
    in msconfig and
    services.msc

(press start and then type in msconfig it into the box repeat fo services.msc)

5. Sparky9292 macrumors 6502a

Most common fix to this problem is to update to the newest iTunes. Your old machine probably had not been.