Apple Mobile device/itunes 8 problem help?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jrok18, Sep 13, 2008.

1. jrok18 macrumors regular

So i had my ipod touch since it came out last year and its been doing fine but ever since i downloaded itunes 8 i been having a problem. Now every time i hook my ipod touch to my computer it saids "this ipod cannot be used because the apple mobile device service is not started" . So whats up with that? Is anyone else having this problem? It just started saying that and tomorrow im going to buy the new touch but i want all my current songs and apps sync to my computer before i get a new one. So if u know the problem i would really appreciate it . Thanks

Heres a pic

http://img522.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscn0323ei9.jpg

2. robert05au macrumors regular

robert05au

Which version of windows are you running?

It looks like part of itunes 8 may not have been installed or got corrupted during install.

Try downloading itunes 8 and manually installing it again to see if it helps.

A similar issue is on mac and manually downloading and re-installing in most cases fixies the issue.

Itunes 8 abd below install some mobile device parts these in your case maybe missing or corrupted and as such unable to load and be usable.

lets know how you get on

3. jrok18 thread starter macrumors regular

I have windows XP. I went to set programs/remove next i went to apple mobile device support and removed it then i did the same for itunes. Then when i restarted my computer i downloaded itunes 8 again and still gets the message. So what next? I think i tried everything so far.