Apple Mobile Device Service.exe is killing comp...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Booseyman, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Booseyman macrumors newbie

I recently uprgaded my 4 gb original iphone to the 2.0 software update. My computer has been running ridiculously slow in the past several days. I looked up some of the running processes in task manager and discovered that AppleMobileDeviceService.exe was running X 100+. I thought I had a virus as the program seemed to incessantly multiply itself and destroyed my memory. My dell computer is running XP Home and I have experienced no other problems previously. Instead of breaking the computer, I decided to delete the Apple Mobile Device Service from my computer. I soon discovered that the Iphone would not sync without it so the program must remain installed. However, upon deletion of the service, the computer was running great with CPU usage at about 3-4% not 100%. I have no idea how to fix this as I'm not very computer savvy but would appreciate any and all help.

2. pfista macrumors newbie

pfista

The same thing has been happening to me. If anyone knows what is wrong please let us know